Sunday, April 3, 2011

Naima Adedapo: 'Sometimes people just didn't know where to place me'

Gossip: Naima Adedapo: 'Sometimes people just didn't know where to place me'

Sy what you will about Naima Adedapo, she brought a lot of color to American Idol this season. The 26-year-old singer and dancer from Milwaukee, Wisc., introduced reggae grooves and African dance to the Idol stage, charming some viewers and alienating others. In a Friday conference call with reporters, Naima talked about her musical and dance background, as well as the personality she tried to display. read more


Q: You were one of the more charismatic personalities on the show. Do you think that was off-putting? Like people weren't used to somebody bringing so much of their own artistry to the show?

A: That was a big thing. I think sometimes people just didn't know where to place me. I felt like maybe they didn't understand me sometimes. But, honestly, the reactions have been positive, though. It was like, "I don't know about you, but I kind of like you."

I definitely struck people in a different kind of way. I think, because it was hard to place me in a certain category, that did have an effect on how people voted or how they perceived me. read more


Source:
content.usatoday.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment