Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kelly Rowland's third album a success

Kelly Rowland's third album a success

Kelly Rowland opens her third solo effort, "Here I Am," with the roaring "I'm Dat Chick," on which the diva boasts a newfound confidence. And for a solo career that has seen as much criticism as triumph, the assertion couldn't have come at a better time: She's out to prove something.

"Yeah, I be the one that they love to mention / I tell 'em keep on talking, cause I love the attention," she sings on the Tricky Stewart-produced track.

It's paid off for Rowland. "Here I Am" debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 after logging 77,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan -- her highest out-of-the-gate charting outside of the multiplatinum clutch of Destiny's Child.

source
freep.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment